Kresge College Families
Welcome to our community: the independent, creative, and socially active republic of Kresge.
We know that choosing UCSC and Kresge College is an important decision for you and your student. We are honored that your student is joining us, and we thank you for your trust. We count on you to make us a better college for your student, and your participation and feedback are truly appreciated.
We hope that you will become familiar with Kresge's unique history and culture, and enjoy the process of becoming a Kresge family member. Parents and other student supporters have their own place on the college's academic advising pages, where we encourage you to play an active role in your student's education.
A few specific ways to get involved at Kresge:
- Sponsor a class or an event
- Offer your services (or those of someone you know) to present a lecture or event of interest to our students
- Encourage your student to get involved in Kresge and campus-wide activities
- Attend Family Day and/or other events open to the public
- Network with current students by registering on the UCSC Career Advice Network
- Become knowledgable about the college, the university, and your student's academic interests, so you can engage them in discussion about their experience
It's not easy entering the world of parenting a college student. Remember when grades were sent directly to your house, addressed to you? It's a new world, a world governed by federal privacy regulations, where your teenager or transfer student will become a college graduate! At Kresge we will do our best to support your student and you through the process.